WELCOME

I hope you guys enjoy!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

French Film Festival

So last Wednesday I attended the French Film Festival at the Robinson Film Center with some of my friends. The movie that we saw was A Town Called Panic, and I must say it was an interesting film. The background color of the film was very rich, which almost made the colors seem artificial themselves. Perhaps it was a play on the artificiality of the film. The humor of the film differed drastically from the the comdedy films made in the U.S. I didn't find the material of the film particularly funny, but instead I more amused with what I consider to be ridicolous humor. The dialogue of the film was in French which I felt contributed to the humor of the film. This was my first time ever watching a movie where my comprehension relied on the subtitles. Though the visual aspect of the film was rather decent and conveyed enough of the film's text to where I did't have to read some portions of the subtitles and was able to capture the meaning. I still have yet to derive a purpose of the film, but perhaps it was meant for no other purpose than entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment